Thursday, March 27, 2008

I was a little sad yesterday....

I put away one of the last preemie outfits that Mercer wore earlier this month. Oh - he's growing so quickly. He's a month old and is in the 8 lb range... so looks like a newborn to most people, but to us -- he's transforming right before our eyes.



Here's a shot of Grandma Gloria holding Mercer before she left out house / headed back to NC.



Here's a shot of Todd chilling on the couch with Mercer and Pigg.








And - a final shot.... Mercer is swaddled in one of his uncle Jim's tie-dye blankets. In the pack-and-play with Mercer is a wobbly wooden penguin. Looks like he's taking a nap with the baby.







It was a hectic week. I went into the office Monday morning to go to part of a team meeting (ended up staying the whole time & doing a little work with a colleague afterwards on a project we're consulting on). I mainly went in to take care of insurance stuff -- which we got hammered out. As it turned out, one of my other co-workers had a death in the family and our team was in a pinch. There was a 3-day training I was supposed to be doing in North Carolina this week, but my "back-up" was filling in. A couple of other trainers were to be in Mexico doing some work. And, there was one other training on Tuesday here in town. Since I'm out & my other co-worker was out, we were two trainers short... so - I ended up doing the full-day training here in town on Tuesday!

My company hired a baby-sitter to come to the training center and watch Mercer in the next room. I hung out with him on breaks and during lunch. It was crazy taking overnight duty (as Todd was out of town for his project in Asheville)... getting the two of us ready in the morning starting at 5:30 after only a few hours of (broken) sleep... leaving the house by 7:15 am... and leading a full-day training. It was a HUGE reality check to what work is like with a baby. WOW.

Todd's mom is on her way into town now. She should've been here around lunch time, however, her flight was cancelled with all of those wiring inspections Delta was doing. She got on another flight and will be here around dinner-time instead. Mercer is excited to meet another member of the family. (He is Rose Marie's 9th grand-child!) We'll post pics from her visit in the coming days.

I'm going to take the little guy out for some errands today. He is SACKED out. Just gave him a bath and I've heard that completely wears them out for some reason. (Maybe because of all of the screaming when washing his hair takes so much energy out of him?!)

ok... one more shot. Mercer sleeping while I'm blogging. LOVE his cute little snore. It's the best! - c

1 comment:

The Hawkins Family said...

what a cute profile shot. he is getting bigger and filling out. you guys are an awesome fit!
susan