Tuesday, March 18, 2008

baby's first....

** baby's first....tears were shed yesterday. It's interesring to see ordinary things we take for granted developing day-to-day with Mercer! We were reading a few days ago that the tear ducts should begin to function around 3 weeks of age... and so they did! (they happened while changing a diaper... first one eye... then the other.) They weren't major tears -- they just rolled out of the corners of his eyes.

** baby's first....throw-up happened yesterday morning too-- and what a way to start! I was leaning back holding him / calming him after a cry. He was positioned "just right" to throw up on my neck.... and right down my shirt. EEWWW! At 5:45 am, I went and woke Todd / asked him to hold Mercer so I could change and shower. It was gross -- but at least I got a shower that day!

Mercer & I had lunch with some girls up on the square... then he & I ran some errands -- one of which was taking "Flat Cooper" to a local landmark: the Big Chicken.

Flat Cooper was sent to us as a school project that my cousin's son is participating in. It's a Geography project based on the book Flat Stanley. In the book, Stanley is flattened by a falling bulletin board, but - since he's flat - his parents can stick him in an envelope and mail him across the country to visit friends. The class is tracking where all of the flat students are going.



















Flat Cooper is waking Mercer (above) up from a nap to hit the road and go see the local flavor of May-retta.

My hope is that Mercer will meet the "un-flat" (regular) Cooper next month when visiting NC.

No comments: