Monday, February 4, 2008

A bit under the weather...

Hard to say if we picked up some ICK from our flight to Chicago or the flight to Ohio... or ICK in the hotel in Pennsylvania... or ICK from relatives at the funeral who were sick... or ICK on our flight to Charlotte... or ICK on our flight back to Atlanta. But - Todd & I got knocked down over the weekend! It's the first time that either of us could recall that we both got sick at the same time. I kept thinking -- what would it be like if we had a kid and were both sick? I wasn't feeling as bad as he was, so I suppose I would've taken care of the fam? (Like saying ICK almost as my favorite decription of miscellaneous substance: SCHMOO) Picked up SCHMOO on flight to Chicago.... or SCHMOO from the hotel... etc. Still works!

We made it back with no problems, really (since we were re-routed through Charlotte the next day). When we got home, we both took a nap. Later, I went for a walk up to the square with a couple of neighbors, hung out in the outdoor courtyard of the local coffee house, and then walked home. Todd & I both went to bed early that night, slept for 12 hours, and hung out in the house all day Sunday. We blew off a Superbowl party b/c we didn't want to pass any ICK (or SCHMOO) around -- just in case.

Both of us are on the mend now, thankfully. After the news of the prospect in Denver and Arkansas not panning out... finding out about Todd's aunt passing... and being hit with the flu (we think) - it wasn't a good week, honestly.

I'm optimistic that things will look up this week. We were contacted with another opportunity (a birthmother in Utah), but aren't sure yet if we're qualified b/c our homestudy isn't 100% done yet. (I had to post-pone my physical b/c of the funeral last week. It's scheduled next week -- but the birthmother is due in two weeks!) I may have to figure out how to get a physical in the next day or two pending a discussion with our consultant tomorrow.

I should crash now. -- Candice

No comments: