Saturday, December 8, 2007

all better?

I know my last blog wasn't the greatest. But - I'm happy to report that I'm feeling a lot better. I had a month or two that was blah. I talked to someone a few times and realized that the process of leaving fertility / moving to adoption felt like a failure to me.... and once I was able to verbalize that -- I realized that was (quite frankly) dumb. There was no reason I should feel that way. So, I snapped out of it. Seriously. It was that easy.

I was talking to someone last month about how they were in a fog when their mom was going through illness and death. And, a few days ago, I looked at how hazy things were for me over the past couple of months -- how I was just going through the motions of work and life.

I feel, now, that I'm back on my game.

Speaking of which - I have a lot of catch-up that I'm doing these days. The art show that I participate in is this weekend. Because of the 2nd job that I feel that I have (working on adoption profile book and website)... I haven't had time to make anything. That's ok, though, because I had a lot of stuff left over from the last show. I ended up re-pricing / merchandising / re-packaging some things and took them to the show site.

I am not actually working at the show 'til Sunday afternoon. Todd planned a trip for us this weekend -- a surprise. (I'm not sure where we are going. I'm thrilled b/c he's never planned a trip before!)

I should get ready. Pack for who knows what?! (It's actually going to be warm here - 70 degrees, I think.) We're oinly going an hour or two away, so it may be quite similar.

Later. C

1 comment:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I'm glad to know time is healing.

Hope the show goes well for you!