Saturday, December 22, 2007

Things could be moving very quickly!

Monday, we turned in our final edits for the book to the consultant. They turned the comments around really quickly... later that afternoon. Todd was in Asheville / I was at home freaking out about all of the things we'd have to be ready for once our book was done & we were on "the market."

On Tuesday at 4, a message pops up on my screen from our adoption consultant: We've got a potential birthmother situation for you. Are you interested? Todd was out of town, but we finally hooked up & decided around 5ish that we were goingto go for it. Our book was not done, so we finished it Tuesday night around midnight & ran up to Kinkos to print, assemble, then Fed Ex. We just sit and wait to see if we're picked. It's a crazy process. I don't know if she (the birth mother) is shown 3 or 4 profiles.... or 5 or 6.... but, I don't think it's too many profilebooks. I hope something stands out in our book that separates us from the rest.(Our book looks good - it's different than any others we've seen - if I must say so!) who knows!!! I guess if we don't hear anything by mid-feburary, it's not meant to be (she's due in feb and she is allowed to take as much time as she needs to decide, understandably).

There seem to be some nice similarities in her background & family to ours. And - she seems very healthy, so that's a plus too. We aren't getting our hopes up too much, though, b/c it's not guaranteed.

We had our meeting with the social worker. I really liked her. She's funky & cool. It was way more casual than I thought it would be. I go to meet her the Friday after the new year and Todd has a meeting with her in our home the following Friday. (She has a total of 3 visits -- and one of them has to be in our home so she can check it out.)

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at work, I was writing a proposal for an environmental education grant to work with public & private schools. If we get it, we'll be helping them to come up with ways to incorporate green building features into curriculum. Should be kinda cool. I'm excited about it / would love to get the grant.

Friday I had a slow day. Worked a short day. Finished some Christmas shoping before & after work... then, worked on the adoption website some on Friday night (after meeting with our mentor student at the pizza joint on the square). Worked on it most of the day Saturdayday too... I freaked out b/c something wasn't working right (I was trying to upload it witht he wrong program). Once I got the right program up, it worked GREAT. Check it out: www.candice-and-todd.com I'm SO exicted that it's pretty close. There's still letters to get in there and a couple of pages to fix that had a glitch.

It's done, I'm happy. The end.

I'm going to crash. Good night.
c

No comments: