Thursday, May 1, 2008

We should unveil the middle name!

We have been tossing names around for the past two months -- and one of them finally stuck (for over a week we haven't changed our minds). So -- we're calling the little guy "Mercer Garrison Groves." We joked about putting this on Ebay so that Sony or Apple or someone like that could bid & start a little college fund, but we were afraid of what we'd get and he'd be stuck with!

As of yesterday, we used this name on two official documents (a savings account and papers that the adoption attorney is filing with the state of Georgia in about a week). So - I guess that's it! Just thought you'd want to know.

We're making other progress. We have ordered a little bit more furniture for the nursery -- and this is forcing us to go ahead and finish it (needed to be done). I worked on caulking some more and actually started painting a little today of the design. It looks a little bold -- haven't ever done a "theme" room before. Hope we like it!

Earlier this week, Mercer and I visited a newborn up the street while Todd was in Asheville. Her name is Lily and she's two weeks old and oh-so-tiny. I was marveling at how small she was until her mother, Sandra, reminded me that she's larger than Mercer was when we brought him home. (Lily started out at 7 lbs 6 oz). She reminded me too how quickly we forget. WOW. It's SO TRUE! I ended up scrolling down to the end of February to review the previous blog entries and reminisce about how small Mercer actually was.

This weekend, we're working on the nursery to try to finish it before the furniture (and social worker) come next week. Also, I made contact with the two families who had boys on our street in February and we may try to connect. Both have called back / we're talking about setting something up this weekend too. I'll snap pics, of course of that. Oh yeah -- and tomorrow I'm meeting a friend who has a son who was also born in February, but she lives on the other side of Atlanta. I'll try to snap a pic of him too!

Later,

c

No comments: