Friday, May 23, 2008

3 months old today....

I guess I shouldn't have bragged Wednesday morning. Because he slept so much -- he didn't do so well Wednesday night. Only got a few hours of (broken) sleep.

We did SO much stuff Wednesday. Maybe we did too much for him to sleep soundly through that night? We went to Stroller Strides aka Mommy Boot-Camp (I'm still sore Friday from Wednesday's class)... fed Mercer... changed Mercer... met a friend at the mall for lunch... walked over to Sears for a photo session... went to a play date afterwards... fed Mercer... changed Mercer... early evening - walked up the street to meet the other February baby boy, Harry.

Todd & I had not met Harry's parents (Mollie & Stephen) before, so it was really a chance to meet and get to know them. Harry is a few weeks older than Mercer and is about the same size. (I think Mercer looks older than 3 months -- because of the hair?) The two boys stared at each other a little bit, but that was about it. I'm sure they'll do more when they're older. It's just crazy how there's been a lot of babies on our street lately. Little M will have a lot of kids to play with - for sure. (In the pics, Mercer is sporting his madras pants which he wore for his 3 month pics. Look for those on a future post when we get them back.)
Thursday, we took things a little slower. Mercer had his 2nd round of shots (we did 1/2 of his 2 month shots at one appointment and the other 1/2 Thursday). He slept a lot throughout the day and at daycare. I dropped him off for a few hours because I needed to take a class and earn some Continuing Education Units... I'm in danger of my architecture license going into default b/c I need 18 CEUs each year -- and it's the end of May and I only had 1 from January. (Been off these past few months!) He seemed happy when I picked him up. The daycare gave me a little beef about his feeding schedule and I agreed that if he's screaming 10 - 15 minutes before his next feeding -- sure. Go for it. (But I stressed that I would not approve of them feeding him every 2 - 3 hours as they originally suggested. Don't want to go back to that schedule - like in Mercer's first month of life!)
Mercer had a fever this morning around 4 am when I changed him (nope - he didn't sleep through the night Thursday night either. Oh well!) I took his temp, then spent about an hour reading books & looking on the internet about what is "too high" and worthy of calling the doc / rushing to the ER. He was really in between the alarming temps. He clocked in at 100.8 F. For babies 0 - 3 months old -- I found that you need to go in for anything above 100.4 F. For babies 3 - 6 months old, anything over 101 F is the breaking point. He literally just turned 3 months... so I was on the fence. I stripped him down to his diaper and gave him some infant tylenol before going back to sleep around 5 am.... he clocked in at 99.1 this morning around 8 am. whew!
Oh yeah -- at the doctor's office yesterday, he weighed 13 lbs, 11 1/2 ounces (with his clothes and (dirty) diaper on). I'm thinking that he's somewhere between 13 and 13 1/2 lbs.
All-in-all, Mercer has been GROWING, HEALTHY, and HAPPY his first 3 months of life. (Todd and I are happy as well!!!) And - of course - I'm thrilled to have been able to spend the time with him before going back to work. As you can see from the blog entries between late February and now... he has changed and developed so much.
We're happy you have joined us in this journey thus far.

No comments: