Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hi. It's me. Finally!


Been travelling again. Went to Savannah for work. That's one of my favorite places b/c Todd & I met there....went to school there.... lived there.... and got married there. I went for a walk by the place we were supposed to get married (the gazebo in the square) and the place we actually got married (the attic of a beautiful historic house). It rained on our wedding day, and I was certain that it wouldn't so I didn't have a back-up plan. Todd & his groomsmen rearranged the furniture up in the attic of the house & we were married up there. Ahhhh.... great memories!
The classes that I taught with co-worker, Kelly, went great. We had two good crowds and Kelly / I taught well together (even though we hadn't taught together before). We went to a party at a restaurant downtown Wednesday night (it was held in conjunction with the Savannah Music Festival).
On Thursday night after class, I got together with Carla - a former classmate from college. We met at a Greek restaurant in Bluffton (nearby town) and talked for hours and hours... catching up. (Oh yeah - I ordered octopus.... it is quite a bit different than what I'd normally order, but it was so good!) Carla and I hung out in college, but honestly - after our talk last week, I've felt closer to her than I have before. I'm so glad we met up.
On Friday night after class, I went to the Jazz Fest in Forsyth Park and caught up with a girl I used to work with in Atlanta. It was a very social week all-in-all.
Got up early Saturday morning & headed home - while my co-worker Kelly stayed the weekend. I'm actually glad I came home. I was sick all weekend. No place like the comfort of fluffy comfy bed when sick. (Apparently I picked up a bug or something while in Savannah.) But I still LOVE that place.... and look forward to going again soon.
I took adoption stuff with me to read / research / write some more thank you notes for great letters we've gotten... but I didn't have a chance to do that while in the low-country. I'm at home from work today & will tackle some of that and try to catch up. Speaking of which... I'll go for now so I can make some progress.
Later. c

1 comment: