Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Quick post with thanks and pictures



I am at work, so I have to post a quick blog. No – we haven’t had our appointment yet w/ the adoption consultant, but I wanted to say that I was freaking out b/c we needed a slew of photographs to take to our first appointment and – you know us: we love taking pictures of buildings, but of us and other people?! So, I was nervous.

I asked a few friends for some shots to include (of us and of them) and they CAME THROUGH BEAUTIFULLY!!!! I was so touched when I opened my email to find gobs and gobs of great pictures (and some scary ones – uh, Cindy, I won’t be including that “goth” picture from Halloween a few years ago!) THANK YOU for stepping up to the plate, finding pics, scanning pics, etc. It is so helpful – and is so great to know you are there for us through this!


Todd and I have been filling out the questionnaires / writing the narratives that we’re supposed to be doing. Man – this is a lot of work so far! ; - ) I know it will all be worth it, though!

On a side note, we had dinner last night with Shelli… our neighbor who’s awesome, but is moving to Gulfport. They bought a house and closed on it a few weeks before Katrina hit. It was destroyed, but they’re slowly rebuilding (and living in a FEMA trailer in the meanwhile). The movers came to her house yesterday and she was cleaning it the rest of the afternoon. It was so strange to go in there & see empty rooms. I guess it’s sinking in that our good friend is really leaving! But, we’ll have a great spot to go visit. (Todd designed a new house for them on the existing structure & utilizing the majority of the walls and such… but – Shelli’s husband, Scott, is a contractor and he changed it. TYPICAL!) kidding.


Finally – and I’ll wrap – I also got some photos a neighbor took at Girl’s night at our house last week. I’m only including the costume of Crazy Candace… and some of the goulish foods (Eyeball Salad -- and Eyeball (turkey meatballs in the background. More descriptions of the costumes and food are in the last blog.
Fun time was had by all.

No comments: