Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm getting behind in my thank yous...

I haven't blogged in awhile. A lot has happened this week. Yesterday and today, we got 2 great letters. One from a former employer, Don. Absolutely stunning writing. He is perhaps one of the most sincere and caring people that we know. Also, we got a really fun & cute letter from Tim & Vanessa with baby stickers all over it. (I think Vanessa had something to do with the decoration!)
We received - in the past week - letters from Carolyn, who I participate in an art event with as well as from a co-worker Ruth Ann, my Aunt Sandra, our friend Sara, Sara's husband Mike, and neighbors Jacqueline & Daniel. We have a couple emailed to us too - one from Milli & Scott (former co-worker of both of us and her husband who we've gotten to know over the years) and Karla & Steve - my 2nd "family" growing up. They were my next door neighbors and their children were like brothers & a sister to me. Also, Steve married us!

Each letter is distinct. Some identify similar traits (which must mean those are true!) Any time we get a letter and read it... it helps a bit. We definitely feel this missing piece in our lives (that a child will one day fill) and these letters of support help ease the emptiness.

I talked to my friend Susan today who blogs too.... and - duh - she told me how to post pics. It's so easy. Why didn't I notice it before?! I don't know if I can go back and add pics to the blog... but here are some things that I wanted to post previously. A pic of my favorite shoes mentioned earlier, my favorite slippers that I "must" wear as soon as I get home, and of our pond and plants.






I do have more (serious) stuff to write about that, but I'm going to run for now.
c

No comments: