Wednesday, September 5, 2007

3 more letters...

The weekend was a blur... drove to Asheville Monday / stopped in Hendersonville for the "Apple Festival" and bought a peck of apples (2 bags worth) -- what ever that means! But we took some to our friends Tad & Ashley (and their son Brenner). The next day, I hung out with a girl name Amy (the wife of the structural engineer for Todd's project) and her kids, Julia & Johnathan, at the Arboretum in Asheville. It's basically a big public garden. I got some good ideas for our back yard.... sorry Todd.... it will cost us, I'm sure. I did some work on the back porch at the Bed & Breakfast while Todd was at his project meeting -- which was very relaxing. We got home late last night from Asheville.

But, I was so pleasantly surprised to get more letters! In fact, we got three today. Pretty cool, really. I was telling a friend, Sara, how "therapeutic" this is -- to get such great words of encouragement from our friends, neighbors, and family. We got a letter from a former co-worker - Milli, a current co-worker - Ruth Ann, and a friend / travel companion - Mike. In fact, the latter was really touching, for I feel that Mike knows us very well. We've travelled with him & his family to the mountains on several trips and they let us stay with them in Italy last fall when he was working out there. We have become close with him, his wife Sara, and son Aaron. They just had another baby (about 2 months ago)... and... should we be lucky enough to adopt soon, I'm sure that their boys will grow up playing with our kids.

Oh - I thought of one other interesting thing that happened recently: I'm working on a side job -- a renovation project at a neighbor's house. Their daughter REALLY wants to be an architect and go to the same school that Todd & I went to. I think she's 9 -- which is impressive that she's that into colleges already. The cute thing is that when I go over there, she does sketches of bubble houses and beds that slide out of walls and stuff. She's very creative -- and her mom gave me the sketches she did today.... I guess I'm supposed to incorporate them into the plans for their kitchen & bedroom renovation? I like encouraging her to sketch and think of new ideas. Also, I gave her a project & a book to do the project in -- to photo document the state of the current house / then document things as the renovation takes place. I need to check her "before" pictures to make sure she does them!

It's 11:00 pm. I'm going to scoot. I don't think I have anything interesting going on tomorrow. That's ok. I need to settle down a bit & get back to normal.

C

No comments: