Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday the 25th.

Todd went to Pennsylvania this morning. His Aunt's husband passed away earlier this week & he's meeting his family up there. My best friend from college & her mom came down from South Carolina today. They wanted to come see the pond. Cindy wrote a really wonderful birth-mother letter. She & her husband, John, asked Todd & me to take care of their son last year after he was born - if something should happen to them. She wrote about that in the letter and it was touching!

Tonight, my friend Cecilia came by & brought her daughter Cristina over. Cristina is 7 3/4 years old. She and I hung around the pond and IN the pond for awhile playing with the fish. Then a hawk swooped down. (I saw one earlier today with a squirrel in it's talons.) Cristina & I set up a barrier around the pond with chairs so that the hawk couldn't swoop down and get the fish. We're inside now watching High School Musical and playing with the cats. Cristina asked if I could be her aunt. sure!

I should go.

No comments: