Wednesday, March 18, 2009

things that are cute on a baby, but...

things that are cute on a baby, but... aren't so cute on adults.
(Have I posted this yet? I've been compiling a list in my head)

1 - a big burp after finishing a bottle
2 - little toots in the middle of the night
3 - double chins
4 - wrist "chub"
5 - Buddha belly
6 - snoring
7 - peeing in the tub
8 - the bulge in your pants b/c of a bulky diaper (bubble butt)
9 - bad hair days
10 - toes (go on - stare at your toes or at someone else's toes to see if you think that's a fair statement!)

I'm sure there are others. Please post a comment if you have more to add!

Todd's working late again tonight. I'm kinda bored. I went for a really long leisurely walk yesterday after work. I went for shorter (but brisk) walk late tonight, but did get to spend a lot of time outdoors this afternoon while the weather was nice. Mercer and I "played" at a neighbor's house / with their grand-daughters who are 3 +/- and 11 months this afternoon. He was showing off for the girls and pushing his walking wagon back and forth... strutting his stuff in front of them. : - )

He's mastered a new skill: standing for a few seconds (to a minute or so) by himself w/out holding onto anything. He's getting more balance.

A few other random things that Mercer has going on:
He popped out his 8th tooth late last week. 4 on top. 4 on bottom.
Also - he now says "Ka" when he sees a car drive by our street.
And, he's trying to self-feed some. It's messy, but it's cute b/c he giggles when he actually gets the spoon in his mouth. (he uses his left hand most of the time to eat (and to pick stuff up). Todd's thinking already: Lefty Pitcher?!)

I should go. I need to work for awhile still to try to get my hours in for the day.

No comments: