Friday, October 30, 2009

mercer's first painting...

... is on a pumpkin. He painted this at daycare earlier today. We REALLY do want him to explore art -- we have a little art studio and tons of supplies -- but I lack the courage to let him just "go for it." I know it's going to make a huge huge mess, but I know that I should just let him paint! I picked up a no-mess paint set (it's activated by the brush on the page instead of real paint). That's probably the place to start!

There's a funny phrase that Mercer is saying now. "I do it" and "Do It" (He sounds sort of like Ben Stiller in Starsky & Hutch -- the phrase made it into this clip: http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi25887001/ ) I suppose that this is really his first sentence too. "I do it." Todd jokes that it is technically a sentence, but it only has 5 letters!

Mercer tried out his halloween costume earlier in the week. We keep working on the word ROAR. He's starting to get the hang of it. Todd had a little fun with photoshop, as you can see. Have a good weekend!


No comments: