Thursday, October 8, 2009

before we head out in the morning...

I thought that I'd report that Mercer is "reaching" new heights. He's now able to reach the doorknobs to the bedrooms and bathrooms and close the doors. He doesn't have the motion down yet for turning the doorknobs, but it's just a matter of time before he's opening them...

He's also able to get his leg all the way up and put his toes on top of the crib rail. Have no idea how long we have 'til he can hike his leg all the way up and start to propel himself over the rail... but... things need to be toddler-proofed soon. Nope - didn't say "baby-proofed." He's definitely getting tall and big and cognizant of how to do things. I asked him to throw something away yesterday and he walked over to the kitchen trash can, opened the lid and threw it in.

He is realizing that he CAN do things now. Mercer and I tumble a lot (or rather he jumps on me if I'm sitting on the floor). He thinks that he can make me sit or stand by putting his hand on the back of my head -- he's "lifting" me up. Likewise, tonight, when we put Mercer to bed, I kissed him. I kissed Todd. Then Mercer pulled my head and Todd's head together with his. He was "making" a happy family. : - )

The thought went through my mind (when Mercer would go around shutting all of the doors in the house) that perhaps he's was going to be a little OCD? Nope. I don't think that there's any obsessive/compulsive cleaning disorders here!

He pays attention to everything and really grasps more than we realize.

Tomorrow, he and I are heading up to see my family in NC. It will be awhile before the next post, so thought I'd do this post quickly.

No comments: