Tuesday, May 12, 2009

to be a mother is fabulous, however, it can also be...

... heartbreaking. Mercer is teething again. A couple of weeks ago, he got in some molars in on the top. Currently, he's getting some in on the bottom. These must be bothering him much worse as he's been waking up every 1 - 2 hours at night writhing in pain. We feel so bad for the little guy. He's just not been as happy either.

Over the weekend, Todd, Mercer, and I went to Callaway Gardens for Mother's day. I had asked that we go biking down there (which meant that we needed to get a baby seat for Mercer as well as get the bikes out of the garage / dusted off / in working order). We got there around lunch and ate out on this deck that over looks a lake. There were lots of turtles in the water. Mercer kept pointing and saying "oooooh." We went to a butterfly house that I love going to. Also, we went to a chapel that Todd likes going to. There was an organist playing songs and Mercer was dancing (or really - his version of dancing which is bouncing up and down).

I enjoyed the bike riding a lot. It is so pretty there -- riding along the lakes and through the woods. Mercer wasn't thrilled, though, with the bike helmet. We're hoping he gets used to it! We only got about half way through the park before Mercer completely melted down. I'd love to go back!

I had a busy week at work... two big (8 hour) meetings back-to-back. One was for a 60 acre camp that I'm helping to "go green." I've worked more than my part-time hours this week and am going to knock-off the rest of the week / go visit family. Mercer will see one of his grandmothers, two great-grandmothers, and his great-grandfather. Gotta go!

No comments: