Thursday, February 12, 2009

Got some nice photos this week

We went for a hike over the weekend. It was beautiful weather here. Todd carried Mercer in a carrier the whole time. However, once we stopped, Mercer really wanted to crawl. Problem is -- we stopped on a big flat rock in the middle of a river -- so he couldn't crawl around.






You know, though... he won't be crawling much longer. At daycare on Tuesday -- they told us that he took 2 steps on his own. I don't know if I (want to) believe them. He still seems so unstable. We did get some GREAT footage of him "walking" behind his walking wagon. He can definitely walk while supported... very well actually! I hope we can get that video converted and posted on YouTube soon. It's adorable!

I've been working a lot lately. It's been SO HARD juggling work and Mercer on those days that I work from home, but you know - I'm really enjoying it! Otherwise, I wouldn't get to see the scrunched up face he makes when I'm trying out a new food on him... (or new textures, actually). I wouldn't be able to cuddle with him when he falls and needs me to "make it all better." Sometimes, I take him to our library on Wednesday mornings because they have an infant story time and songs. I don't know that he gets that at daycare (because there's a lot of adult / baby participation) ... and I don't normally get that with him! (so it's good for me too) Also - there are unexpected surprises some days. As seen in these shots. Something simple like doing laundry -- is apparently hilarious!














We have a busy week ahead. There's lots of cleaning to do... and a work trip to take. Then, when we return -- we have company and a small party... I don't know that I'll post again in this coming week because of it all. Enjoy the hamper pictures 'til we have more to share!



Also, we hope you have a nice valentine's day~ love, "our little Cassanova"

3 comments:

Grandma & Grandpa said...

Hi sweetheart,
Just wanted to let you know that we love the pictures of our little grandson.

JenFarrigan said...

What a handsome little guy. Bob and I can't wait to meet him (finally!) in 2 months.

Aunt Shelli said...

I can't decide what's more sad, the fact that you make your kid play in a laundry hamper or the fact that you don't have any dirty laundry in it!