Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mercer did 3 things that I think "count"

1. This morning, he looked at me and said "ma."
2. He turned a few moments later and looked at Todd and said "da."
3. This afternoon, I said "ma ma" and he repeated me. I did it again. He repeated me again. I tried it a third time and he only said "mmm"

Does that count?!

He's been saying ....da da da... da da dddd... daaaa... da da da... for a long time... just babbling -- we think because he learned how to make his mouth say "d" sounds. He's been saying ....ma ma mmmm..... maaa.... ma ma ma..... mmmm.... for awhile. He had learned how to make "m" sounds. I think we blogged when he did "b" sounds....

But we never claimed that he said a word -- 'til now? (again - don't know if it counts, but I feel like he's sort of communicating with us with his recognition of "ma" and his recognition of "da")

Another thing that he's been doing / I got to see on Thursday -- he waved to me. Todd says that at the daycare he's been doing it some. Sticks his arm in the air and shakes it a little. Oh... it warmed my heart when he did it earlier this week.

And - I dont' think I mentioned that he's got a 5th tooth. It's on the top. (It started pushing out last weekend during the whole "fever" episode... it's pretty visible now.) 3 on the top. 2 on the bottom now (which were the first two teeth and are getting pretty big.)

I'll see if Todd can get those videos on YouTube today or tomorrow. I'll post when they're up. He's good. Happy. Jumping around in his Johnny Jumper right now. He still loves that thing -- and since he hit a weight plateau, he's been able to use it longer than we thought he would.

Candice

No comments: