Friday, August 22, 2008

When Todd wasn't looking...

... I caught him being absolutely adorable!
I've spent a couple of days basically working from home (on the front porch with a nice breeze compliments of the storm). Some of that work time was during the day. Some of that work time was when Todd got home at night. I've been judging a sustainable design contest -- which has actually been pretty cool / pretty energizing... but I digress. I had just finished reviewing a couple of entries and took a short break. I turned around & could see inside the living room through the window. Todd had Mercer and was nestling with him. He would act surprised and make noises and Mercer would giggle and smile. I could actually hear the two of them outside. I watched the two of them for a few minutes.

LOVE that moment -- seeing how they interact with each other when no one's watching. Todd's really great with Mercer!
Here's a couple of shots depicting what I wrote about in the last post. Mercer schootching backwards. Todd had him doing some tummy time -- but over a few minutes, he moved back and back and back 'til he was off the blanket.



The week has been up and down. I had a good week of work (outdoors, at home, doing something cool)... but I found out that the cyst I had was huge. I had a follow-up doctor's appointment Wednesday. They read the report from the ER and told me about what the radiologist found. The cyst was 11cm x 10cm x 15 cm. I pulled out a ruler and drew it on a piece of paper so I could fathom the dimensions: basically 4" x 4" x 6" -- the width of an orange, but the length of a cantaloupe. No wonder it hurt. I don't think there's much they can do about it. I go back next week for more images to see the size again. I'm certain - at this point - it's much smaller. I do hope that it does not come back! It is disappointing to (preliminarily) find out that there's not much that can be done about it.

It's late - but I wanted to share the latest pictures and the moment I caught a glimpse of through the window.

No comments: