Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Can you help us solve a mystery? And a few more tidbits...

Someone generously sent Mercer a savings bond -- but it looked like it was automated & there was no name on it. I called the US Treasury, but the only thing they could tell me from the serial number is that it was done through a BB&T -- but couldn't tell what state or city. So - we want to write a thank you note, but can't! If a member of Mercer's blogging public sent this or knows of who sent it -- can you please let us know. We would like to properly thank the appropriate person!

On a separate note, my childhood friend, Susan, announced she's pregnant. We're excited and "indirectly" feel that her visiting & holding baby Mercer made the call for parenthood a little stronger! : - ) When visiting she asked her husband, Chad, to hold the baby and see if he could go for "just one more" child?! This would be their 4th -- assuming that there's only one in there baking!!

I forgot to mention in the stats in the last blog that Mercer's heart rate is sort of like a hummingbird's. Out of curiosity, I asked the doctor what should it be. She said around 110 beats per minute. She did a quick check and his was around 120. I always thought it felt fast -- but -- Who knew it would be that quick?!

I'm on my way up to NC on Saturday morning. I've been thinking about going to my grandmother's family reunion this year b/c we have a beautiful bouncing reason why to go. I've sometimes shy-ed away b/c the question would always come up: when are you guys going to have children? That was a tough question for us for such a long time. I used to ask people that same question 'til all of the fertility stuff we went through. Now I need to be pretty darn sure that they're not going through any troubles before I ask that question.

I'm going to take a couple of days off from work (to try to balance my hours out some too) and hopefully see the majority of my mom's family and dad's family while there. I may not be able to blog over the weekend -- but if you're checking YouTube for videos, Todd may be able to post one or two over the weekend. I shot a video of Mercer sitting up on his own. Todd said he did this last weekend, but we caught it on tape today. (Of course, we have to put him in that position, but the fact he's doing it is progress!)

Take care. Candice

No comments: