Monday, July 14, 2008

Another first.... Mercer discovered his big toe.

Wow. Staggering news, huh? I guess everything he's doing now is discovery. I had him somewhat propped up / sitting, but he was slumped over and saw his feet. Since he's teething, he immediately lunged forward for his foot and put his mouth around his big toe. In no time, it was covered with drool.

He also rolled over several times this past weekend. So - he's now becoming proficient at it, I suppose. I think he really dislikes being on his belly b/c each time, he rolled from his tummy over to on his back (he hasn't gone the other way yet - from back to belly). I heard him struggling in the play pen the other day, so I snapped a few shots / caught him rolling over through a series of still shots. (I didn't do video b/c it takes him too long to roll at this point. It was a series of a few minutes to get all the way over.) We put more frames of him rolling over into a video (sort of) on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11ga18eNg7o

Several people have been asking about the daycare situation... a few weeks ago, I witnessed something un-hygienic with one of the teachers. Todd talked to the director of the facility and she was apologetic of course. Several days later, I saw the same teacher yelling at a construction worker. Not cool because it was in front of the children. One child was wailing (a 9 month old on his first day -- never been away from his mom before) -- but I'm sure it was scary for ALL of the kids. We haven't seen that teacher since. (yay)

Todd talked to the director this afternoon, and a new teacher is starting tomorrow and the 12 month olds to 18 month olds are finally moving to the adjacent room. I was thinking the infant room was too crowded / too many kids for my comfort, but now Mercer will be one of 4 infants in the baby room. (yay again!) I think we're squared away for the time being and are ok with the daycare now.

Check out this cute video. I was out in the hallway shooting into Mercer's room Todd was reading him a story before putting him to bed. Love it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNW-DLz7rVY

Candice

No comments: