Saturday, June 28, 2008

Thank goodness this week is over. It was really tough week. On Monday night / Tuesday morning (early am), Mercer had an "issue." He was inconsolable for about 3 hours. I thought he was colicky however what I was able to read about colic didn't sound right (he's 4 months old & usually colic is going away -- not just starting) I finally got him settled enough to sleep in the swing, but the little vibrator on it would turn off every 30 minutes or so / he'd fuss / I'd have to get back up and turn it on. Tuesday was a really tough day w/out sleep. How quickly I had forgotten what a night without sleep was like! Several people suggested he may be on the beginning stages of teething. Oh boy! This will be an adventure.

Also, I worked a lot (close to 50 hours -- which is NOT part-time!) Three of the days were at the office and two were at home. It's hard working during the day with him those couple of days at the house (which I like doing - of course), so I was getting up wicked early to get a couple of hours in before he woke, then would stay up late too. This weekend is all about recovery, rest, relaxation.

We have more video. Check out these two links. As mentioned in Wednesday's blog, he got to try solid food Wednesday night. He didn't like it, which is normal, but I'm happy to say after he's tried it a few times, he's tolerating it a little bit more; He's still apprehensive of this mushy rice cereal stuff we keep shoving in his mouth. "Mercer's first solid food" link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imuW4wehFxM
"Mercer Giggles AND Squeals" link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfanZGEuFww

No comments: