Monday, June 23, 2008

Guess who's 4 months old today...

It's hard to believe he's only been with us for four months. Feels like he's been a part of our family for much longer... it just feels "right." One thing that I will tell Mercer when he's older is that his birth mother texted me today and asked about him / and wanted to let me know she was thinking about him today because he was another month older. Actually - she's texted me on his monthly anniversary each time so far, I believe. Also - we text a little bit in between. Usually she initiates it with the question "hows mercer" or "how is he?"

Here's a video of Mercer & Todd on the new porch swing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gslhR3DOHqk

It's been almost a week since we blogged last. Since then, not much has happened (or that I can remember at least). Had a diaper blow-out / had to dismantle the carseat & sanitize the cover... got thrown up on earlier today... and M's getting congested again so we've been doing some breathing treatments and trying to keep his nose clean. With all of those lovely things happening -- it's still FABULOUS! Seriously. I think that Todd & I both are really happy -- even with all of the gross things that comes along with parenting.

Unfortunately something un-hygienic happened at daycare. I am a germ-i-phobe... so bad hygiene (to me) is really gross. There are a couple of other things that have been bothering me about this place -- so I think that I need to do something about it all: find alternate care.

Don't want to dwell too much on that or put details here. I'd rather post more cute videos with Mercer. We've got Todd's swaddling sequence (He wanted to tape it b/c Mercer gets so excited to be swaddled by daddy.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqbGlQftpfk And we've posted a "happy wake up" sequence b/c I think it's so darn cute and heart-warming in the morning when he wipes the sleep from his eyes and greets you with a smile. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41iKNgpD0nw

Enjoy.


ps -- he has his 4 mo old doctor's appointment Wednesday. I'll post his new 'official' stats afterwards.

1 comment:

TheHealersDiet.com said...

Ohhh....what a precious wake-up video!! We should all wake up so happy and full of smiles! xo-C.