Wednesday, November 21, 2007

last weekend's post... MAJOR website progress!

I didn’t get a chance to blog after the last two weekends, but I need to. We’ve made SO much progress! Todd built a fire in the fireplace and we worked on adoption stuff ALL day Sunday (11th). We watched a tutorial on the website program we were going to use. We then tinkered around with a web template that I had found the previous weekend and we actually made 2 pages! It took a long time, but that’s ok…. After we figured out how to get it from the computer to the world wide web, we then stopped in that effort and focused on some homework that we had from the adoption consultant: making our profile book.

We wrote an opening statement. Next: a blurb about our lives together. I wrote down how I feel about Todd. He wrote down how he feels about me. We continued with how we envisioned life with a child. We wrote a blurb about family and friends. Then we wrote a blurb on our parenting philosophy, why were we live is a great place, and closed with a statement back to the birth mother. That took us into the night & we crashed shortly after.

All-in-all… it was a great day. We made a lot of progress and we got to do a little soul-searching to boot. Once the website is ready to roll, I’ll post it. An official “launch” party of sorts.

And -- since I didn't post this earlier - I should go ahead & report on what I did last weekend. Fri & Sat (16th - 17th) I was at my mom's after a work trip in NC. There were 20 pages worth of text that we had for the website... but I actually put it into pages. Todd & I designed & made the first two pages. After that, it was a breeze to make the others.

Granted -- there will need to be edits and photos -- but it is such a relief to have work to show for all that we've been thinking about doing! yay.

Gotta run. We're headed down to my dad's for Thanksgiving.

Later.
c

No comments: