Tuesday, August 3, 2021

1st day of school

A couple of days ago, we celebrated Hip-Hop's 5th birthday (a little late) by going out for ice cream & doggie ice cream...well... a few of us did. 
Mercer and a friend went out to celebrate his friend's 13th birthday (also late).  The friend's mom took them to Dave & Buster's for dinner and video game / arcade.
Yesterday was the last day of summer officially.  M spent his last week of summer helping me out in my room (because of the arm -- and also because we have contractors at the house / don't want him home alone).  Isabella was in staff camp for the week while I was in planning.  He earned some spending money for his outing with his friend.

  
















The actual day before school started, Isabella had meet-and-greet in the morning.  I had mine in the afternoon.  (M had his the previous Friday.)  I had to set up a table / display.  I focused more on that than curriculum for the first days though!  
More stuff is getting done in my room that I didn't get to finish last year - but - I still had to stash some items that were not complete.  It's getting there.  





I had to dropped Mercer at home and picked Isabella at camp to come back with me to my classroom.  (She likes to play on the flat screen TV and on the computers, so she enjoys it.)  One thing she got to do -- from the inside -- watch seniors "roll" the school and the trees on campus.  (a May-retta tradition)  
She thought it was kind of fun to use the t.p. like a laser obstacle course when we were on our way home.













The next morning, Mercer and I were up early and out the door before the sun came up.  Here is his "typical" - goofing off for a photo.  (but I snapped one pic) 


He's in 8th grade.












Todd took Isabella in for her 1st day.   She's starting 3rd grade at a new school - one for "Advanced Academics."  We're hoping that they both have a great year ahead!   (And that things go smoothly / that the school year is more normal this year!)















PS - here are photos of her riding the bus home for the 1st time!  (our neighbor's flowers look nice. ha!)  Her schedule is late and I can meet her at the bus most days!







No comments: