Sunday, April 18, 2021

Happy Adoption Day

Yesterday was Isabella's adoption day.  It, unfortunately, fell on a very very busy day!

We had a chiropractic appointment followed by team photos and her baseball game.  She had a pretty good game - hitting 4 for 4 with a couple of doubles and knocked in some RBIs.  She crossed the plate herself a couple of times.  It was a tough game, but they won!  She found a grasshopper at the baseball field, so she was happy about both!















Here she is the next day... yes the thing slept in our house in a box.  She - seriously - played with this thing for 3 hours until it (sadly) jumped and "flew" away.  Off-and-on all day she was sad and she cried herself to sleep because she wasn't ready to give up the grasshopper quite as early.












I had a pick-up downtown to get plants for our garden.  I also had a nice (masked) visit with a friend who lives on the same street as the garden.  She gave me a sourdough starter... guess I'll be giving that a try~

Mercer had team photos and his baseball at another field.  Mercer also had middle school campout before / after his game.  Todd dropped him off for a couple of hours, then picked him up to take up to the evening baseball game.  Isabella played with friends at the game and played with the grasshopper she found at her game earlier in the day.   Todd dropped Mercer back at the campsite (on a farm near Kennesaw Mountain park) and came home to eat a very late dinner with Isabella and myself.   Whew.

What Isabella asked for to eat for dinner:  Wendy's.  (frosty and fries)  That's what you get when you ask an 8 year old what she wants.   Easy!  I guess Wendy's (Dave Thomas Foundation) supports adoption - so it's fitting.

It was a total juggle, but I don't think she cared as much as we did.  It seems like she had a good day.  (We got her a watercolor set of pencils of her own (she was a little jealous of her brother's set that he got for Easter).  She got some games for her Nintendo and a chapter book set on dragons.  Ironically and a happy coincidence - the Wendy's toy that came with her meal was a dragon that she got to put together!









Isabella had STEM camp at her new school to try it out / get used to it.  She was reluctant to go, but knew a few kids there, so said it was OK.  

(She sure does like this STEM stuff here in my classroom, however!)  I think she just didn't have a good experience with STEM at her current school so was upset at first to go to this event.  


Todd just got his 2nd covid shot today through my school.  He's taken Phizer.  We're hopeful that he doesn't have side effects like I did last week from my Moderna 2nd shot.  I was "out" on Saturday after having received it Friday.  I felt better Sunday, but Monday at work, cold sweats and chills came over me / I left.  

I made up for it.... I worked so much this week and even put in some extra time (with a little helper) to help unbox, organize and "try out" the different things I ordered the week before break that came in.  :)   She enjoyed using the x-acto knife (under my supervision, of course), color pencils and a compass. 

I realized that I did not post stats for the Corona virus on the last post.  

















3   MILLION   PEOPLE   have died from this in the past 1 year + 1 month.

Here's an updated infographic to one I posted last year:  The Covid "poof" is at the bottom.


No comments: