Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ode to baby girl, part 2

(Looked up quickly the first ode to baby girl.... March 2013) 

Sitting with Isabella today... I have so much to do, but had to pen these words to hang on to the beautiful feeling that's in my heart:


Baby girl is not so much of a baby anymore. No longer tiny and curled up in my arms.

Now, as she sleeps - her head resting over my heart - she stretches out. Her feet dangling over the side of the rocking chair.
 
Back and forth. Back and forth. Softly slumbering. Softly snoring.
 
Those long eyelashes are tightly closed now. Down for a nap. Naps won't last much longer. Rocking baby girl to sleep... softly slumbering... softly snoring. Hold on to these days. 

They will not last much longer.
 
Rocking baby girl to sleep. I must get up to clean. The housework is calling. Ringing in my head. But rocking baby girl to sleep is tugging at my heart. Hold on to these days... just a minute longer.

No comments: