Monday, August 10, 2009

quickie post...

I'm out of town for work and really should be going to sleep, but it's been SO long since posting last. I'm sure stuff has happened, but I've been working a lot / crazy / so am tapped out for some content.

I have more photos of DIFFERENT water activities than posted previously, but haven't downloaded them. I'll try to do another post in a few days. But - I have some cute pics that I've never posted of Mercer and a toy he got somewhat recently. Oh, I hope that he still thinks this is fun years from now!

Also, some things that are really endearing:

- LOVE LOVE LOVE when Mercer will get a book off of the shelf and will bring it to me. He'll carry it so far, then turn around and back up 'til he bumps into me. He knows that it's time to sit down on my lap when he bumps into my leg. (I can't remember if I blogged about this before.)
- We're working on discipline. Mercer 1 - doesn't know how to express himself fully so he gets frustrated and 2 - gets overly excited sometimes. He (accidentally) smacked me and it actually hurt, so I sternly told him no - it's not nice to hit mommy. He stopped dead in his tracks. Went directly into an (adorable!) crying fit. After a minute or two I asked him if he was sorry... he walked over and hugged me. Oh, it was awesome! How does he know how to do this?
- he is trying to help us out around the house. he sweeps with his broom. he loves his broom, actually! he tries to wipe up messes with kleenex or paper towels. and - if he catches us as we're emptying the dishwasher, he's in there grabbing things and handing them straight up above his head to us. it's a little frightening when he's handing us a (breakable) plate, but he's pretty determined to help. (these photos were pre-haircut a few weeks ago)
finally, speaking of kleenex.... we are trying to get him to blow his nose. we can hold a tissue up to his nose and he'll blow (and spit) into it with his mouth... but make the "right" noise as if he's blowing.
oh yeah - he's very into noses... and ears... and eyes... pointing and touching the various parts of the face as he tries to say the words.
well, i should run, but thought i'd get something quick posted. have a great rest of the week.

No comments: